If you use wifi or the internet for surfing various things or online streaming then you will need a highly reputed router so that you can use it in the long run and that too without any issues. While you choose some router then you also get a password during its set-up. You need to remember that password to use the router for future work. Now just in case, you have forgotten the password then in that case you have to do the cisco router password recovery.
Cisco Router Password Reset Steps
- The first thing that we have to do is to shut down the router or you can just switch it off.
- Once you do so then you have to remove the compact flash which is basically present in the river of the router
- Once you do so then you have to simply switch on the router.
- Followed by turning it on again and then you have to simply type config 0*2142 at the common 1>promto.
- Once you do so then you have to reset the roomon2> prompt.
- Followed by rebooting the router, the above step reboots the router but you need to check that this does not save the configuration.
- So you have to move ahead with the next steps which say you have to Type NO after the set-up questions that are asked.
- After that, you simply have to type enable at the router> prompt.
- Followed by typing the configure memory and then you have to simply issue the show running-config command.
- Here on this command, you will see that the passwords are in the encrypted format so you have to change the encrypted password to a brand new password.
- Followed by typing configure terminal and typing enable secret so that you can change the enable secret password.
So this is the simple process that you can follow in order to recover or reset the password of the cisco router and just in case you feel that you are not able to follow the above steps since they are pretty tough to follow then also you should not take any tension since you can always get the help of the people of the company from cisco to help you in all possible ways.