Gmail Account Recovery
Gmail is one of the spectacular open-source email services delivered by Google. Gmail has turned email simpler and user-friendly. Well, Gmail is quite favorably responsive to its users. Gmail is attentive about its user’s security, authenticity. It always maintains multi-dimensional security fabric over its entire network.
This article will assist you to recover your Gmail account covering all possible measures. We will discuss the following issues here:
- Recover Gmail account if I forgot my email address
- Recover Gmail account if I forgot my password
- Recover Gmail account if the account was hacked
- Recover deleted Gmail account
- How to make a new Gmail password?
- How to secure a Gmail account?
Recover Gmail account if I forgot my email address
- First of all, open the Gmail password reset page in your browser.
- Then you will get an alert to enter your recovery email address or phone number page and tap on the Next tab.
- After this input, your first and last name and hit on the Next tab.
- Further, a notification will appear on your window regarding “Get verification code” on your registered phone number with your Gmail account, tap on Send tap.
- Thus enter the verification code in the requisite field in order to verify yourself and hit on the Next tab.
- After finishing the above-noted procedures you will receive a series of email addresses, choose your requisite email address.
Recover Gmail account if I forgot my password
- Visit your Google password recovery page in your browser window.
- Enter your email address/username and hit on the Next tab. And further you will be redirected to enter your password page.
- Since you have forgotten your password, so click on the “Forgot Password” link.
- Then you will get a prompt regarding the last password you remember, skip it and click on “try another way”.
- Next, you will be navigated to the registered phone number with the Gmail account confirmation page.
- Input your phone number and tap on the Send tab.
- And at last input the verification code in order to verify yourself.
Recover Gmail account if the account was hacked
Before moving ahead you need to have the following information:
- The last password you remember
- Recovery email
- Recovery phone number
- Answers of security questions
- When you have last access to your account
Note: You won’t be able to sign in if you have not set up any recovery email, password, security question or any other information that can verify your authenticity.
If you can sign-in:
Congrats you are fortunate that you can sign-in but be attentive this can be a security threat also. Some intruders, viruses are quite tough to detect and they keep trespassing your info. That’s why it would be better to update your password.
- Visit your Gmail account recovery page and in Sign-in & security, tap on sign in to Google.
- In the Password & sign-in method, click on Password.
- Confirm and update your password and make sure your password must have strong alphanumeric and special characters.
- Go back to your Sign-in & security page and verify your recovery email, phone number and security question credentials.
- Password reset multiplies more security measurements to your account.
If you cannot sign-in:
- Open the Google account recovery page in your browser window.
- Enter your email address and tap on the Next tab.
- Then, you will be redirected to the password alert page.
- In case if you have forgotten your password, tap on Try a different question.
- Further, enter your recovery email address or phone number and click on the Send tab.
- You will receive a verification code either on your email or phone number. You can even choose the security question.
Else, you can try for any other email address you have access to.
- Edit and update your password and after sign in review the security check alternatives.
- At last check and update all the security requirements.
Recover deleted Gmail account
You can recover your deleted Gmail account if you have recently deleted it. You cannot retrieve your deleted Google account after 30 days of removal. Do check out the following guidelines to recover your account.
- Visit the Gmail account recovery page in your browser window and click on Follow the steps to recover your account.
- Follow the onscreen measures and input either phone number or email address and tap on the Next tab.
- Then enter the last password you remember and click on the Next tab.
- Afterward, you will receive a Gmail account success alert and hit on the “Continue” tab to review your account credentials.
How to create a new Gmail password?
- Visit your Gmail inbox in your browser.
- Hit on your profile photo at the top-right corner of the webpage.
- You will get a dropdown menu, hit on Google account tab.
- Then click on Sign-in & security in the top-left corner of the dashboard.
- Navigate to the “Password & sign-in method” field.
- Hit on the Password field, you will notice the date when you last changed your password.
- Input your current password and tap on the Next tab.
- Now enter your new password and make sure it’s of 8 characters and must be strong enough.
- Again enter your new password in Confirm New Password field.
- Then tap on the Change password tab at the bottom of the page. Your new password will be set up effectively.
How to secure Gmail account
- Make sure to have a strong password, with unrecognizable alphanumeric and special characters.
- Set up two-step verification and two-factor authentication.
- Don’t forget to have a recovery email address or phone number.