Oops..! Deleted the wrong file again…permanently? It usually happens in two ways – the data get stored in the Recycle Bin folder once they are deleted. And these files can be restored by using the Restore option that can be accessed with a Right-Click by placing the cursor on the file that is needed to be restored from the Recycle Bin. In the second case, you may have permanently deleted the file both from your computer and also from the Recycle Bin by using the “Shift+ Delete” option. Well, that is where the issue might arise, in case if you want those files back, which you may have permanently deleted.
Luckily, as impossible it may seem, there are ways to retrieve those files and of all the methods that can be applied to do so, we today bring to you the two best and easiest ways on how to recover deleted files after emptying recycle bin. Let’s go through the workarounds.
Method 1: Recovering deleted files by using the Windows Back up option
- Click on the “Start” button and search for “Control Panel” by typing the same in the search field
- Once inside the Control Panel simply select “System Maintenance”
- Next select “Back Up and Restore”
- Now click on the “Restore my files” tab to initiate the restoration wizard
- Wait patiently while the restoration wizard restores your deleted files back to your system again
Method 2: Recovering deleted files with the help of previous versions methods
This method is made available to you by your Windows PC’s system protection feature being turned on by default. It makes it possible for you to restore your computer to its best suited previous versions so that you can easily retrieve the files that have been permanently deleted from your computer in a few simple steps as mentioned below.
- Start by creating a new folder or file having the same name as the one that was deleted permanently or you can also create the same type of file or folder in the original location of the particular one that you are trying to retrieve.
- Once created, right-click on the file or folder and select “Restore previous versions” from the options box that follows. This will initiate the Windows to search for previous versions of the file or folder and list them according to the dates on which they may have been modified.
- Select the latest version of the file or folder that you see and click” Restore” to start the process of recovering your permanently deleted file or folder.
The methods given above have been known as the simplest ways to recover deleted files after emptying the recycle bin, almost on all occasions. It is, however, recommended for you to think twice or even more before you go ahead and delete any file or folder from your computer permanently. The best thing you could do is to make a direct conversation with the technical support professionals who work on the operating system you are using.