There are situations when we delete our favorite audio files, but we might want it back at a later time…!! How do we get it back is the problem, or it may not be a simple problem as it looks like. Retrieving your deleted music and audio file is much simpler than it sounds. Windows Operating System has a tool better known as “Recycle Bin” which stores your deleted items just in case if you wish to restore and re-use them again. Yes..!! Your deleted music and audio files can be easily recovered on your Windows PC, and for this, all you have to do is to access the “Recycle Bin” folder and restore the deleted files from there. To do this, you don’t have to be a computer. Simply follow the methods below to know the practices to recover deleted music on Windows computers.
Method 1: Restore your Music & Audio Files from Recycle Bin
- Make double-click on the Recycle Bin icon on your desktop
- Now locate and select the audio/music file or files that you want to restore or recover
- Make a Right-click on the selected file(s) and then left-click on Restore from the options box
- Wait for, and allow, the restoration process to be completed
- Once done, you can now exit the Recycle Bin folder and access your audio and music files which have recently been restored
Method 2: Recovering your Music & Audio Files by using the Windows Backup option
This method usually comes in handy in case if you have permanently deleted the files from your computer and it is no longer available in your Recycle Bin folder. In this case, these files can be recovered by using the backup option that every Windows Operating System has. Here’s how you can do this.
- Click on the “Start” button and search for “Control Panel” by typing the same in the search field
- Once inside the Control Panel simply select “System Maintenance”
- Next, you need to select “Back Up and Restore”
- Now click on the “Restore my files” tab to initiate the restoration wizard
- Wait patiently while the restoration wizard restores your deleted files back to your system again
Method 3: Recover Music & Audio files with their previous versions
This method is made available to you by your Windows PC’s system protection feature being turned on by default. It makes recover deleted audio files on Windows possible for you to restore your computer to its best suited previous versions so that you can easily retrieve the files that have been permanently deleted from your computer in a few simple steps as mentioned below.
Start by creating a new folder or file having the same name as the music/audio file that was deleted permanently or you can also create the same type of file or folder in the original location of the file/folder that you are trying to retrieve. Once created right-click on the file or folder and simply select “Restore previous versions” from the options box that follows. This will initiate the Windows to search for previous versions of the file or folder and list them according to the dates on which they may have been modified. Select the latest version of the file or folder that you see and click on Restore; it will start the process of recovering your permanently deleted file or folder.