Google photo is a great platform to keep your photos. However, you are always suggested to maintain backups of your essential things such as photos. You should regularly update backup your photos. Because, if your photos are deleted from Google photos you need to make an effort to restore them. You can keep your photos in secondary storage devices such as SD card, pen drive, USB flash drive, OneDrive, Dropbox, etc and restore the deleted photos from the backup folder once your photos are deleted from Google Photos.
Recover Deleted Photos from Google Photos
If you forgot to take a back up you would ask how to recover deleted photos from Google. You can use one of the below methods to recover your deleted photos from Google photos.
- You can recover photos from Google Photos Trash on computer or Trash on Android phone/iPhone/iPad
- You can recover with Stellar Photo Recovery
- You can contact Google Support team
So, you can see 3 methods here. You can choose one and try to recover your important photos. You can follow the below steps to recover photos from Google photos Trash on your computer.
- First, open your browser and then open photos.google.com on your computer.
- After that, click on the menu that you can see on the top left corner on your screen.
- Now select Trash.
- In the Trash folder, you need to select the pictures you want to recover. You can place your cursor over each photo and then click on the “Done” icon.
- Now you can click the “Restore” icon showing on the top right.
This is the process you can follow for all of your deleted photos from Google photos from the Trash folder. This way you can restore your photos to your Google Photos library and add them back to their respective albums.
Now, to restore photos from Google you can follow below steps to recover photos from Google photos trash on Android phone or iPhone or iPad:
- First, open the Google Photos app on your phone.
- After that, tap the Menu icon on the top left.
- Now, click on Trash or Bin.
- Now you can touch and hold the photo you are looking to restore. After that tap Restore at the bottom of the screen.
Once you have done this, your chosen photos will be back in your phone’s gallery app, Google Photos library, and in the original album.
Another method to recover deleted photos from Google Photos is to use the stellar photo recovery method. You can follow the below steps to recover Google photos using Stellar recovery:
- Download the stellar. After downloading it, you can launch Stellar Photo Recovery on the computer.
- The next step is to connect the storage drive/media to the computer via a card reader.
- Now, you need to check in each photo you want to recover in what to the Recover window.
- Now you can select the storage drive from where from the photos got deleted. Then click on Scan.
- Now click on Recover.
- Now, you need to select the photos you want to recover and then and click on Save.
So, this is the process to recover deleted photos from the Google photos app by using stellar photo recovery.
If you are not able to recover deleted photos from Google photos by using the above methods you can seek support from the Google support team.