We often spend our valuable hours to get back our crucial files from our corrupted SD card or pen drive. However, the process gets really time taking and mostly unsuccessful in order to recover the files.
In this article, you’ll learn about some of the most effective ways to recover files from SD cardor a pen drive. So, check them out and get your files back without facing any further difficulties.
Simple Ways to Recover Files from a Corrupted Storage Device
Follow the simple ways mentioned below to recover files from Pen Drive or SD card via using your PC or laptop.
Try Changing Drive Letter of the SD Card or Pen Drive
- Plug your device in the
PC or laptop
- On your desktop screen, right-click on the This PC or My Computer
- Select the Manage option from the drop-down menu
- Now, select the Disk Management option and then let the Windows load the Virtual Disk Service
- Next, right-click on your Pen drive or SD card and then select Change Drive Letters and Paths option
- Now, select a new letter for your drive
- Click on the Change button to save the changes and then select Okay
Try Reinstalling The Drivers Of The Corrupted Storage Device
Sometimes the issue can occur specifically on your PC device. This is the reason that you are unable to recover files from SD card or pen drive. Hence, re-installing the drives might help you. Here’s how.
- Plugin your device and then head over to the This PC or My Computer icon on your desktop screen
- Right-click on it and then select the Manage option
- Now, select the Drive Manager and then double-click on the Disk Drive option and then select your SD card or Pen Drive
- Select Uninstall and then re-plug your device
- Wait for the drive’s driver installation and then try using it
Try Repairing Your Drive with Windows Command
Windows Command is one of the most effective ways to recover files from Pen Drive or any other storage device. Check out.
- Connect your corrupted storage device with your PC or laptop
- On your PC, click on the Start button and then enter CMD, hit enter
- In the Command Prompt window, type: chkdsk /X /f G: or chkdsk G: /f
- Now wait for a while and then you should be able to access your storage device
Hence, the aforementioned ways should enable you to recover files from SD card or pen drive. However, if you can’t then it is strongly recommended to contact technical support and get appropriate assistance from the experts. The professionals will surely help you out with your data recovery and will also guide you with some of the best tips to avoid such situation in future. Hope the discuss information has been helpful to you.