Routers play a vital role when we talk about the seamless streaming of the data over the wifi or the internet. Because if you want to use good internet speed then you have to make some wise decisions such as getting a router that is market acclaimed and highly recommended by the users who have used them at some point in time. When you do research about various routers, you will get to know that the NetGear routers are the best since they come under budget and will serve all your purpose as well.
Now when wifi or the router is set up by the technician then a password is created so that the authentication and security layer could be added to the usage of the router. Now there is a possibility that the router that we are using may have got a specific password but now we do not know it or we have forgotten it. In situations like this, you have to set a new password for the Netgear router.
2 Methods to Reset Netgear Router Password
#1 Reset Netgear Router Password
- The first thing that you have to do is to surf www.routerlogin.net on your favorite browser.
- Once you do then you have to simply tap the cancel button and you have to see that if the password recovery is enabled then you will be asked to enter the serial number of the router that you have
- Then you have to simply tap on the continue button followed by answering the security question
- Once you have answered the question then you simply have to tap on continue button.
- As you do so you will be asked to set a new password for your router.
- Enter the new password followed by the brand new set of security questions.
- Click the next button after setting the new password and you are done with this.
Once you have your new password then you can simply use that password for the purpose of using the router. So this is the simple process that you have to follow and just in case you feel that you are not able to get the right steps or even after doing as written here you are not able to set the new password. Then, in that case, you should not panic since the executives of the company are here to help you out in every situation. And they will tell you the best steps to do the Netgear router password recovery.
#2 Reset Netgear Router Password
Did you purchase a new NETGEAR router? It must be configured with factory default settings if you have not made any change in its settings. Changing the default password is doubtlessly a subtle way to improve the security of your network. In this regard, you need to know that the admin password is not the password that is used to access Wi-Fi. However, the default username of your router is admin and password is password if you use the local web address www.routerlogin.com to access your router’s web interface. We have shared the complete process in this post. Check out these steps and reset the Netgear router password of the newly purchased router now.
- Type www.routerlogin.net on your preferred web browser
- It will open the login window
- Here you need to click on the Cancel icon
- The serial number will be found on the product label
- You will be prompted to enter this number of the router if the password recovery is enabled
- Enter this number and click on Continue
- A screen will display the request for answering your security questions
- Now you need to enter the saved answers to your security questions – click on Continue
- Another screen will open
- It will display the window of resetting the router password
- Now you need to enter the new password twice
- Enter twice to confirm it
- Set new security questions or enter the set of your security questions – click on Next
- You have successfully reset your Netgear Router password
- Now you are ready to log back into the router with your new password
Hopefully, you have changed your NETGEAR router. Avail technical assistance from the account security team if you have not done it due to some technical difficulties you have faced. Your router manufacturing company, i.e., Netgear Inc. has a technical support team that is providing free of cost support services to the router users, regardless of the model they are using. Just dial the helpline number and share your concern. Let the engineers know that you want to reset the Netgear router password and you are facing difficulties in doing that. They will come forward to help you in accomplishing this job. Interestingly, phone support is not the only way to get in touch with the router support engineers; you are also open to make the use of email support or chat support. Netgear chat support professionals are highly skilled and committed to being available on live chat throughout the day. Nevertheless, the email support is another highly reliable way of making direct contact with the router experts.