iPhone having iCloud is quite freaking because you cannot access your device until it’s unlocked and unlocking is not an easy task. In this article we are going to discuss regarding iCloud-locked iPhone, how can we unlock iCloud account without a password, and related topics.
So read carefully till end and hope this article happens to be a one-stop solution for you.
What is an iCloud-locked iPhone?
iCloud locking is also known as activation lock introduced by Apple in iOS 7 to prevent iPhone thefts. Whenever you will turn on Find My iPhone activation lock feature gets enabled. Activation Lock is a quite effective mechanism for anti-theft because a thief will not have iCloud username and password access of the person whose iPhone has been stolen. And without username and password phone won’t operate.
How to detect when an iPhone is iCloud locked?
If “Activation Lock” is visible then iPhone is iCloud locked and requires the original Apple ID and password to unlock the phone.
How to unlock an iCloud locked iPhone?
There is one and only single method to unlock your iPhone having iCloud lock. But what if you forgot your Apple ID password, you have to reset it.
Note: If you are using iOS 11 or later and use Two-step Authentication, you can disable your Activation lock using your device passcode. Just click on Unlock with Passcode, click Use Device Passcode then enter the passcode.
So basically if iPhone is iCloud locked with an account other than your account you have few alternatives.
- If that person is approachable enquire about Apple ID account details.
- Sign out from iCloud. In iOS 10.2 and earlier versions open Settings->iCloud->Sign out. And in iOS 10.3 and up versions, go to Settings-> [your name] ->sign out.
- Enter your Apple ID username and password.
- In iOS 10.2 and earlier versions click sign out and then click Delete from my iPhone.
- In iOS 10.3 and up versions, click on Turn off.
- Wipe your phone by Settings -> General -> Reset -> Erase All Content and Settings.
- After restart Activation lock will no longer be activated.
How to reset your Apple ID Password?
- Visit your web browser and enter iforgot.apple.com
- Enter your Apple ID username and tap on Continue
- You can reset your Apple ID password using a recovery email address or answering security question.
- Walk through your choice and click on continue
- If you have selected get an email option to enter the verification code from email and tap on continue. Now navigate to the last step.
- If you have selected security question option, answer the question and tap on continue.
- Set up your new Apple ID password. The password should be of 8 characters and strong enough to decrypt.
- Click on Reset Password to save changes.
Hope this article works for you and resolves your issue.